'zine/dist./ Noise Zealot' zine/Roots
Guitar player, Soulless.
2. About to your CD "The Darkening of Days" could you tell us some detail of them? How many hours a day you rehearse? And where it recorded, mixed and master?
were usually between 2-3 hours once a week, The Darkening of Days was
recorded and mixed at Spider Studio in the summer of 1998. Very short
recording process, Darkening was recorded as a demo in a matter of a
few days (less than a week), not much attention was put into the fine
details of the recording process, lack of patience in the production
aspects also hindered the overall outcome of this recording. This was
recorded very quickly but we were well rehearsed as a band...the band's
overall vibe is definitely present in this recording, but this outing
is a shell of what Soulless was to become...
was well-received in the Cleveland scene when the recording came out,
although shows were few and far between. Copies of this disc are extremely
limited (1000 were pressed) and our supplies are nearly depleted.
4. What about to you new material? It can out now? What can we except of them?
new record "Agony's Lament" will be out on the Japanese powerhouse
metal label Worldchaos Production in late autumn 2002. You can expect
a whole lotta thrashin' from us and a quality metal release for the
masses of true metal freaks who still love to thrash and bang without
regard for anyone who gets in our way
5. What about to your lyrics? Who wrote them?
Lippucci is our brilliant lyricist
6. Are you participated in any compilations?
JL: We appear on 6 different Dwell Records tribute compilations, Ozzy, Metallica, Judas Priest, Twisted Sister, W.A.S.P. and Destruction.
7. Do you have any side-project? Does anyone from the band play in other bands?
WR: I am
in Spawn of Satan (satanic thrash), Caveman (prehistoric thrash), Goosebread
a listen to some of these great bands: Iron Maiden, Slayer, Metallica,
Judas Priest, Voivod, Motorhead, Exodus, Kreator, Sodom, Tankard, etc...Terrorizer
and Sounds of Death are great magazines.
9. How does you girlfriends accept the music you play as well as the lyric of "Soulless"?
ex-girlfriend never cared for or about Soulless
you call football we call soccer. I don't like games with no scoring
where you can't use you hands. I guess we have a national team but I
don't really care. American football is very violent and exciting, Although
our cities team, The Cleveland Browns, really suck!
11. Could you tell us about to you favorite horror and porno movies? What is the last porno movie you are listening to with your girlfriend?
of the Living Dead, Zombie, Dead Alive, The Re-Animator, The Exorcist,
The Omen, Evil Dead films, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, etc...Jenna's Revenge
(OOOOOHHHHHH!!!!!) she gets her butt licked real good!
12. How many gigs have you played yet and where? What were some of the most exiting life experiences?
probably have played around 30 or 40 gigs in the 5 years we've been
around. Mostly Ohio gigs. Exciting life experiences: Touring Europe
with Nunslaughter was classic, meeting Superhost, being revived after
being dead for a full minute, seeing Dora (our Drummer) crap his pants
in New Jersey...
Support a good band like Centinex, Carnal Forge, The Haunted or really
any good Swedish Thrash band. There are none in the States.
14. What do you know something about South-East Asia U/G scene?
WR: I heard
you can get caned for moshing.
have shirts with just the logo and "The Darkening of Days"
printed below it. Maybe a few pairs of shorts left...if Dora didn't
crap in them
16. OK! Thank for the answer & good luck with all! Anything to add in conclusion?
you want to bang your head and pound your fists to quality thrash metal,
check us out, you will not be disappointed. www.soullessdomain.com